The preparation process for an EU framework programme for research and innovation includes a variety of activities: evaluation of the previous programme; expert studies to define the scope and priorities of the new programme; and proposals for new instruments.
This paper provides an overview of all the activities developed to contribute to the preparation of FP9.
It also analyses the position of all the actors on 10 key discussion points including:
- the difficult battle over the FP9 budget;
- the tensions between support for excellence and the need for cohesion;
- streamlining of instruments and simplification of processes;
- requests for greater EU added value from the programme, linked to its collaborative nature;
- the role of the Member States in the programme’s governance and implementation;
- and the expected innovations: the European Innovation Council and a mission-oriented approach.
Click here to access the report.
SOURCE: European Parliament – Think Tank