Be a part of Europe’s Earth observation revolution: apply to join top Earth experts at the Sentinel launch SocialSpace on 6–7 March in Darmstadt, Germany.
Are you passionate about our planet, how satellites help us understand its functions and sharing via social media? Then ESA’s next SocialSpace event is for you.
We are inviting social media users to apply to join us for the launch of the second Sentinel-2 satellite at ESA’s mission control in Darmstadt, Germany.
In Europe, it will be the place to be for the Sentinel-2B event, and invitees will get an exclusive insider’s look at the launch, at the incredible science, engineering, applications and businesses behind Copernicus, Europe’s most ambitious Earth observation programme ever, and meet the experts who are making it happen.
Not sure what Copernicus is? Or how ESA is playing a key role in flying the Sentinel missions?
As a Sentinel launch SocialSpace participant, you will have opportunities to:
- Meet and interact with ESA and European specialists on land and food, coasts and security, cities and society, space technology and new business opportunities.
- Receive special briefings and updates from ESA’s flight control experts.
- Follow the launch via live video feed from Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana.
- Meet the experts who are bringing the Sentinel missions to life.
- Join a behind-the-scenes guided tour of ESA’s mission control facilities.
Don’t miss your chance to snap, post, tweet, blog and share this experience with the world.
Sentinel launch SocialSpace is being held in conjunction with the launch of Sentinel-2B on a Vega rocket from Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana. Liftoff is set for 01:49 GMT (02:49 CET), the early hours of Tuesday, 7 March, and flight teams at ESA’s mission control centre in Darmstadt will assume control of the satellite just an hour later.
SOURCE: esa website