The European Space Agency together with GEO, FAO and EU are organising the WorldCover 2017 Conference.
The event will be hosted in ESA-ESRIN from 14 to 16 March 2017.
The conference is open to Land Cover users, scientists, students, representatives from National, European and International Space Agencies, Value Adding Industries, Laboratories and Universities.
The main objectives of the conference are:
- Listen and capture multi-user requirements (climate modellers, geographers, scientists, environmentalists) for high and low resolution land cover mapping.
- Head towards the development of a Sustainable Operational System for Land Cover Classifications to meet the user’s needs.
- Follow on the previous successful experiences: IGBP-DISCover, GLC-2000, GlobCover 2005, GlobCover 2009, GlobeLand30, and CCI Land Cover.
- Produce a set of recommendations for the funding and implementation agencies.
- Establish a set of Research and Development activities to be carried out to meet the user requirements.
For more details visit the Conference’s website.
SOURCE: COPENRICUS WEBSITE – events section